Edward E. Mitchell Memorial Scholarship
The Edward E. Mitchell Memorial Scholarship is awarded to deserving Hartford-area Black and Hispanic male high school students who demonstrate an interest in the Arts and/or vocations incorporating Art (eg. theater, music, traditional art, fashion, digital media, architecture & interior design, S.T.E.A.M. and more) and have a strong academic performance. The amount awarded to the recipient is $1,500. The number of recipients may vary each year based on the number of applicants and the scholarship funding balance at the opening of that year’s application process.
- African American or Hispanic male high school seniors
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater (4.0-grade scale)
- Involvement in school, community, or church that showcases an interest in musical and/or fine arts
- Enrollment at a 4-year college/university.
- Completed application (See Below)
- Two letters of recommendation
- An electronic copy of the applicant’s official transcript
- Personal statement addressing the following topics:
What inspires you? Where do you draw your influence within Art? Discuss your current influence(s). Where they originate from. What they seek to portray. And how you utilize that within your art.
- What is your artistic medium and how do you apply your art to the real world? Social Activism? Science? Performance? Or other platforms?
- Essays should be no more than 500 words.
Deadline: April 30
Award Date: June 2022
Fill out Application Here!