Edward E Mitchell Memorial Scholarship
The Edward E Mitchell Memorial Scholarship is awarded to deserving Hartford-area male high school students who have demonstrated an interest in the fine arts (eg. Theater, music, art) and have a strong academic performance. The amount of the award is $1,500 per recipient and the number of recipients may vary each year based on the number applicants and the scholarship funding balance at the opening of that year’s application process.
- African American or Latino male high school seniors
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater ( 4.0 grade scale)
- Involvement in school, community or church that showcases interest in musical and/or fine arts
- Enrollment at a 4-year college/university.
Application Packet Checklist
- Completed application
- Two letters of recommendation
- Electronic copy of applicant’s official transcript
- Personal statement addressing the following question: “What impact the fine arts has had on their lives.” Essays should be no more than 400 words.